Gift Aid

Make your donation to Perennial worth even more – at no extra cost to you. 

If you are a UK taxpayer, you can make everything you give – or have given – worth an extra 25p per pound, just by letting us know. The Gift Aid scheme allows us to reclaim tax on any donations you make, this means you can make an even bigger difference to our work, and it doesn’t cost you a penny more.

While Gift Aid is a valuable way to support us, it's essential to understand the eligibility criteria and implications before making a declaration. For more information visit the GOV website.

    • Any voluntary cash donation is applicable for Gift Aid, regardless of size as long as it is given by someone who pays enough UK tax to cover it.

      This includes donations made by cash, cheques, direct debits, credit or debit payments.

      Gift Aid must only be applied to your own money, you cannot apply Gift Aid to collected donations from others.

    • If you meet the following criteria, you can kindly add Gift Aid to your donations:

      •  a UK taxpayer
      • Have paid or expect to pay sufficient income or capital gains tax in the tax year in which your donation is made, ensuring it's enough to cover all your Gift Aid donations to charities within that same year.
      • Completed a Gift Aid declaration.
      • if you are completing an enduring Gift Aid declaration (a declaration applied to future donations), ensure you've paid enough tax to cover your donations in the last four years.

      Please inform us if there are any changes to your tax situation in the future, as failing to do so might leave you responsible for any difference.

    • You are eligible to apply Gift Aid to your donations if you pay income or capital gains tax and have paid sufficient tax throughout the year to match the amount claimed.

      If you stop paying tax, please cancel the declaration at any time by letting us know.

      If your sole income is from your pension and you do not pay tax, unfortunately you will not qualify for Gift Aid.

    • One declaration is all it takes to cover all your past donations (up to four years back) and any future ones. If your tax status changes, just let us know, and we'll adjust your declaration accordingly.

    • While we can only claim the standard rate of tax on your donations, you can request the difference back from HMRC. If you file a self-assessment tax return, simply declare your donations to claim the additional relief. For more details, please visit the government's website.